Friday, January 11, 2008

How You and Eeyore Can be Artistic!

Becoming and developing the artist in you has other benefits for you and your life besides just increasing your creativity.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower... hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour...
William Blake
I mean who can ask for more than that.

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music that words make.
Truman Capote

What we call creative work, ought not to be called work at all, because it isn't. I imagine that Thomas Edison never did a day's work in his last fifty years.
Stephen B. Leacock

I believe that if we are able to find what we truly love, we enjoy it. I love this blog. I really do. I love it so much it reminds me of a quote of my favourite character. He is my favourite so much that if I ever decide to get a tattoo it would be of of......Eeyore.
It isn't if there was anything wonderful about my little corner. Of course for people who like cold wet ugly bits it is something rather special.


Eeyore (or A.A.Milne...if you must)
For those of you who prefer those nice pretty things, I thought I would leave you with a link to something really pretty.

This is a very nice blog for those who you who like photos and colours and flicker...

http://layersofmeaning.org/wp/?p=327

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Great blog!! So THIS is what you're doing in your retirement... I've been reading a number of blogs lately, lots of neat ones out there. I particularly like your post from yesterday (or at least the one before Friday's), and couldn't agree more - that when people typically think of artists, they usually think of painting and drawing and that there is still too much emphasis on this in teaching art today in schools. As I have gotten older, I've realized there are many ways to be creative/artistic without being able to draw or paint. Things like decorating your home, baking, cooking, photography, art appreciation, gardening, wrapping a gift, etc. Bravo and keep up the good work!

Kate Gilderdale said...

Creativity is great but plagiarism is faster.
Anon