Friday, January 18, 2008

How do you Describe Creativity?

The third verb in "The Thinker's Toolbox" is describe. This seems like a simple word, but so much of the time we don't use it as effectively as what we could. Next time you have a problem, put it in words. Either written or verbally, whatever is best for you. One of my favourite tactics to get an answer is to go for a walk in the woods and talk to myself. It helps if the woods are mainly deserted! When I talk to myself I hear the problem in a new way and very often solutions appear. If you don't have woods handy then a portable recorder can also keep a record of your thoughts. As a last resort find a dog. They'll listen!
A challenge I would like to put out there is: How do you describe creativity? Please leave a post and let's see what others think.

No comments: